These last few weeks I have been preparing my Y10 students for their speaking test which is coming up… I have been revising all the different topics and hopefully they now feel more confident. Are you also doing this with your classes?
This lesson is an example of what I have been doing. It is focused on technology as it is always a topic that they find engaging.
The tasks go as follows:
1. Vocabulary test (I do this every week so that they keep learning words/phrases).
2. Role-Play with teacher notes (from Exampro)
3. Photo Card with F/H differentiated questions.
4. Recap of question words (the more they see them, the best!)
5. Taboo game (they love it!)
6. General conversation practice questions (1 at a time)
You might not be testing your Y10 students on speaking just now, but you could still use this lesson for extra practice this or next year 😉
Hope you find it useful. Let me know by leaving me a comment 🙂
Also, if you would like a copy of the lesson, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
¡Cuanta más práctica, mejor! ¡Buena suerte!