It has been a long time since I haven’t posted so I thought I’d share my last Y10 Spanish lesson with you… It can also be used with Foundation Y11 students as a revision lesson.
My Y10 students are lovely but they need time to get there as, some of them, only started to learn Spanish last year. I find that I have to break my lessons down all the time so that they can respond well to the content of the resources.
I think this is key for any class really… If you don’t scaffold enough your students will feel themselves lost and they will therefore lose motivation.
However, it is also important to maintain some level of difficulty so that they do not get bored but also so that we fulfill the requirements of the exam and we can prepare them well enough to tacke the different questions types. It is all about having a balance!
In this lesson, I have included:
- a vocab quiz (I do this every lesson)
- a matching up activity based on the listening and the listening question afterwards
- an adjective matching up with another slide for them to make their own sentences
- a translation to English from Exampro
- a 40 word writing task question in the past tense with a model (if there is not time, they can do this for homework… The idea is that they see the model but you adapt the question they need to write so that they don’t just copy the model).
Can’t wait to hear what you think! If you would like to have a copy of this lesson, you must leave me a comment under this blog entry and also email me to email@example.com
Thanks and have a good start of the week!